Thank goodness turkey is Paleo. Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. As many of you know, my mother will be visiting the box this week. Speaking of the holidays…
Are you looking for that one special gift? I suggest purchasing a CFS Gift Certificate! Members may use to purchase products, use toward monthly membership fees, etc. See Coach Paul or Coach Jeff to purchase.
A special thank you to Holly and Laurie for representing CFS at the Apex Turkey Trot! I couldn’t have done it without the two of you.
Wodify is an excellent tool for box owners, as I can quickly view attendance, including attendance trends. For whatever reason(s), attendance drops dramatically on Fridays. As Thursday is a rest day, this surprises me. If you often don’t attend a Friday session, share your reasons why this is so.
James continues to do an excellent job coaching the Barbell Club. CFS will be offering a few FREE “Introduction to Barbell Club” sessions mid-January (date TBD). I encourage you to attend! The sessions will include an introduction to the programming as well as a strength and conditioning workout.
This Sunday, November 30, marks the 2nd anniversary of my being “RIFfed” from former job. I’ll be celebrating all day long!
- Effective immediately, a Community Workout will no longer be held Saturday at 11. A CrossFit Express session will instead be held at that time. All members and guests are welcome to attend the session at no additional charge (members) or free of charge (guests). Like in the past, guest may attend up to two sessions free of charge and may attend additional sessions for a fee of $7. We encourage to you invite your family and friends to attend a session or two!
- In addition to the morning and 11:45 sessions, there will be one evening class held at 5:15 on Wednesday, November 26. The 4 and 6:30 pm sessions are cancelled.
- CFS will be closed Thanksgiving (Thursday, November 27). There will be no CrossFit Express, open gym, or Barbell Club.
- CrossFit Express will be held Friday, November 28 from 6 to 6:45 am only, i.e., there will be no 7 am CrossFit Express session. Coach Jeff will be leading the session.
- The 2nd Annual CFS Holiday Party will be held Wednesday, December 3 from 6:15 to 9 pm at Tribeca. Please be sure to RSVP!
- The 5:15 and 6:30 pm sessions are cancelled on Wednesday, December 3. CrossFit Express will be held from 6:30 to 7:15 pm. (Thanks, Coach Deborah!)
- Fernado Moran, November 28=
Week of November 24-30
- Monday – You choose from 3 very challenging couplets
- Tuesday – Push press and couplet (that includes sledgehammer swings)
- Wednesday – Back squats & pistols progressions and triplet EMOTM (it’s all about the box, ’bout the box, no burpees [wait, there might be burpees])
- Thursday – CFS Is CLOSED
- Friday – Dead-lift & lunges and triplet (that includes running)
- Saturday – Front squats and team workout
- Sunday – Barbell challenge