It’s here! PR Week! We’ll spend a majority of each class this week establishing new 1 rep maxes on our 4 lifts we have been focusing on (back squat, bench press, strict press, and deadlift). The goal this week is to set a new PR, but if it doesn’t happen, don’t be discouraged. Remember, it’s just one day in your fitness journey. I look forward to seeing some gold stars and new PRs, beginning tomorrow! The metcons will be a little shorter and quicker due to our extended time working on our lifts, and to not tax the system too much for the next day’s lifts. But don’t worry, they won’t be easy either!
This week, we added RPM Jump Ropes for your use. They are definitely faster, and should help with some double unders. They also hurt a little more if you get whipped by one. They are hung up and labeled by size near the other ropes. Enjoy them!
Save the Dates:
- Grand Re-Opening on May 20th – 8:30 will be a regular class, 9:45 will be a free community WOD, and then the festivities will begin. We’ll unveil the new logo, have new shirts, tanks, and magnets available, a refreshed interior, Buoy Bowls onsite, Vicious Fishes Brewery serving up drinks, games, lots of giveaways, food, and much more. Currently we have the following prizes lined up: Kill Cliff mini fridge, Kill Cliff t-shirts, FIt Aid t-shirts, Perfect Bar t-shirts, CFS t-shirts just to name a few. Tell all your friends and family to come check it out, at the very least, get some food. New members that join that day will also get a special discount, so if you know someone on the fence, get them in (and cash in on our referral program too).
- Murph and BBQ on Memorial Day, May 29th – Workouts will begin at 8:30 and 9:45, with the party following the 9:45 session. We’ll provide the main course (burgers, dogs, veggie burgers), you BYOB and a side/dessert to pass. All are welcome, including family and friends.. Remember, there are many ways to scale Murph, and really anyone can do it! Also, I have a new running path into Sweetwater that will allow us to run an out-and-back course to limit the monotony of 4x400s. We are also an Official Host, thanks to Mike Allen for registering us. Sign up if you’d like for a shirt, and a donation to the Murph Foundation.
New shirts and magnets are in with our new logo. Stay tuned to social media for sneak peeks of the design, to be officially rolled out on May 20th at the Grand Re-Opening!
Remember our referral program: Effective immediately, anytime you bring a friend in to try out CrossFit Surmount, you get a Fit Aid or Kill Cliff from the fridge on the house! Furthermore, should that person join, your next month’s membership will be discounted by 15%. There’s no limit to how many drinks you can earn, and how many months of discounts you can earn either. You love CrossFit Surmount, and it’s more fun with friends and family, so bring them in and reap the rewards. (Note: This program applies to new members only, not bringing in a former member, though we’d love to see them too)
Follow us on Instagram @crossfit_surmount And please request to join the CFS Members group on Facebook if you are not in the group yet. Follow us there for great pictures, updates, and more!
- Back squats 1 rep max, short 15 second interval workouts
- Strict press 1 rep max, wall balls and box jumps ladder
- Bench press 1 rep max, sprints for days
- Kettlebells again, snatching and lunging and some running too
- Deadlifts 1 rep max, Tabata of ??
- 3 person team WOD with barbell movements
- Muprh prep WOD #2
- Clean work, and sprints to the “death”
- Push jerk work, 11 minute AMRAP with dumbells