WOW!!! The Grand Re-Opening was a tremendous success, and Meredith and I cannot thank you all enough. You came out in huge numbers in support and spread the word. I lost track of how many people in each class because I can’t count past 25. We even had the owner of neighboring CrossFit Embark and some members come in to support us as well. That is just one of many reasons I love CrossFit, the community aspect of it. Working together to create a stronger and healthier community! Hope everyone had a great workout, enjoyed some food, and like our new logo and colors. More exciting new stuff is on the way, and we can’t wait to share with all of you.
The shirts that we rolled out were a big success, as were the magnets. To purchase, just like any food and drink items, just record on an index card at the new front desk, and your card on your Wodify account will be charged that way.
You may have seen yesterday, but the peg board is now up and functioning. It is certainly a challenge, and it is a great tool to work on that upper body and arm strength. Word of caution, always keep the pegs and your hands above your head, not at eye level. If you see my right eye this week, you’ll know why. I wish I had a cooler story like I got in a fight with Rich Froning or something, but nope.
This week we’ll start a focus on handstand work: holds, push-ups, and walks. In addition, we’ll have a strength cycle committed to the full squat snatch. That is perhaps one of the most intricate, complicated, and challenging lifts off all, as it truly tests not only strength, but mobility as well. So stay patient with it, and the results will come.
- CrossFIt Kids will take a vacation beginning this week on Sundays through the end of August. Our Thursday night class at 5:30 p.m. will still continue as per usual, and continues to grow in size each week! The energy is amazing! Bring your kids to try it out next week.
- This Sunday the 28th, there will be no CrossFit class at 9:45 or Kids at 11:00. With Murph on Monday, this is a good day to rest, or an even better idea is come to Heather’s yoga class at 8 am Sunday morning to loosen up those muscles for Murph.
Murph and BBQ on Memorial Day, May 29th – Workouts will begin at 8:30 and 9:45, with the party following the 9:45 session. There will be no other classes that day or Express. We’ll provide the main course (burgers, dogs, veggie burgers), you BYOB and a side/dessert to pass. All are welcome, including family and friends.. Remember, there are many ways to scale Murph, and really anyone can do it! Also, I have a new running path into Sweetwater that will allow us to run an out-and-back course to limit the monotony of 4x400s. We are also an Official Host, thanks to Mike Allen for registering us. Sign up if you’d like for a shirt, and a donation to the Murph Foundation.
Remember our referral program: Effective immediately, anytime you bring a friend in to try out CrossFit Surmount, you get a Fit Aid or Kill Cliff from the fridge on the house! Furthermore, should that person join, your next month’s membership will be discounted by 15%. There’s no limit to how many drinks you can earn, and how many months of discounts you can earn either. You love CrossFit Surmount, and it’s more fun with friends and family, so bring them in and reap the rewards. (Note: This program applies to new members only, not bringing in a former member, though we’d love to see them too)
Follow us on Instagram @crossfit_surmount And please request to join the CFS Members group on Facebook if you are not in the group yet. Follow us there for great pictures, updates, and more!
- Handstand work: holds, push-ups, walks; then 3 tabatas in a row
- Squat snatch – 1 rep max establishing; 10 minute AMRAP with bar muscle-ups and hang power cleans
- 20 minute workout, with a time and max weight component all in one
- Regional Event #3 – lunges, wall balls, double unders, rope climbs (i.e. wear socks)
- Benchmark Friday – Regional Event #5; attempt max HSPU’s
- 4 person workout with reps of 100, 200, 300, and 400! Oh my!
- No Class – rest for Murph or come to yoga at 8 am
- Thruster work, then a partner workout
- 2- 5 minute AMRAPs, then rope climb skill work