Week 9 of no box, and according to the phase plans laid out by the state, this could be our last full week closed. That could all change any minute. But… we are planning and strategizing off the most current information we have. That means, should that reamain…
We are planning to re-open on Tuesday May 26th! Stay tuned for details and updated class schedule (to be released later this week)! But we’ll be open at 6 am that day!
As I know more, you’ll know, as we gear up to re-open. As I have mentioned before, we’ll open differently than we were operating before. Our coaching team met this afternoon, and discussed our plan and I’m confident it will keep all our members and coaches safe and getting back into fitness. This info on re-opening will be sent as email as an well, but here are the highlights
- Limiting class size 10 athletes, each with a designated spot on the floor/rig. Mandatory to sign in to reserve a spot in Wodify.
- Class times spread out to allow proper departure and arrival times between classes and needed cleaning time.
- Programming will limit equipment changes
- No Kids classes in the gym (continued Zoom), and no kids allowed in the gym yet
- More cleanings, sanitizer products on hand for each athlete
- Continue limited Zoom classes for those not ready to come back to the gym setting.
We will also ask that you as members do your part for keeping you safe and your health the top priority. It’s a two way street. That means, but not exclusively:
- Cleaning ALL your equipment and anything you touch
- If able, we strongly recommend bringing a yoga mat for your personal workout spot. This will allow you to keep your spot clean and limit touching the floor. Take it home, clean it, bring it back again.
- Washing your hands before and after class
- If you are the slightest sick, you stay home, end of story. I know we have all done it, myself included, the old “yeah I got a little cold, but I need to sweat it out” and we come to the gym. Not anymore. Stay home if you have any of the slightest of symptoms.
With all this in mind, it’s time to start bringing back the equipment that was loaned out so we can open back up. Details on that to come, as we will have scheduled drop off times to limit the number of people coming at once. But please plan on that towards the middle/end of this week. We of course ask you clean them thoroughly prior to return. Thank you so much for taking good care of our babies 😉
CFS shirts should be hitting your doorsteps this week! Let’s see you rocking those on social meeting when you get them! Wear it loud, wear it proud!
Hopefully you saw on our social media channels that we rolled out a fun challenge last week. The Rock! It’s a blue rock that weighs maybe 15 pounds. Rules are simple: If it shows up at your house, you have 48 hours to take it to another members house, but you must walk/run with it at least a half mile per member of CFS in your house. I have lost track of how many places that rock has been. Don’t forget to get your run/walk/bike in before you transport it to someone else. If you don’t, the rock explodes with glitter all over your house. Have some fun with it, find out how close (or far) your box mates live, and get outside! You can drive it somewhere, but you must walk/run it the final 1/2 mile to delivery. Oh, and share on social media of course! Take care of that pet rock 🙂 On Facebook, our private member’s group is called “CFS Members”, please request access to join. On Instagram, our handle is @crossfit_surmount . Find that and follow us to see our daily challenges.
Programming wise, we’re transitioning to a 12 week prep cycle that has the Open as a target. Yep! That’ll happen again someday, and it’s schedule for October!
– Next week will have lower volume and lower intensities
– Loading for the next 12 week will start at 75-85% then move up to 85-90% and finish off with some max efforts.
– Workouts will alternate between long and short and will have less technical movements, more fitness base training
Meanwhile, we are working on a program that I would call a re-introduction program in which athletes can get some satisfaction of getting back into the 4 walls of the gym but also allow for some form of ramp up towards more traditional CrossFit style training.
We will focus not just getting you into the gym, but to do it safely not only to reduce the risk of contamination but also to reduce their risk of injury. Although most of you probably stayed relatively fit during our time away, others may have not touched any weights or barbells in a while. I know for example many have not been able to do real pull-ups due to equipment. So when we come back in, maybe doing 100 kipping pull-ups may not be the best idea. So we are tailoring programming to ease into that.
The link to join any Zoom class can be found on our website, www.0485673.rcomhost.com at the very top. Password is CFS. We are offering a free class just like normal to everyone, so invite some friends that may want to see what this is all about.
Murph at the box officially postponed. But on Monday May 25th – Memorial Day, we will have Murph as our WOD and I know many of you will be finding a way to get that done. Get creative for a place to do pull-ups, and complete this time-honored CrossFit tradition on Memorial Day. In terms of the at the box party and Murph,we are moving it to the Fourth of July weekend for now. Exact day and time to follow, but again, this will be a BIG blowout party! Grand re-opening, meets Murph, meets summer!
Follow us on Instagram @crossfit_surmount And please request to join the CFS Members group on Facebook if you are not in the group yet. Follow us there for great pictures, updates, and more!
This week….Note these are the “class” versions, and we will have tons of at home options
• Cleans; deadlifts and push-ups
• Gymnastic work thrown into a little metcon; then 2, 7 minute AMRAPs with DB hang
• Front squat; ascending ladder of burpees, shoulder to overhead, and running
• Benchmark Hero WOD – bodyweight 35 minute AMRAP
• Floor/bench press; metcon of pistols and hang power cleans
• Partner snatches and burpees
• Hustle style workout or active recovery to get ready for Murph Monday!