I once again offer a heartfelt thank you to all of the coaches who covered for me this past week. The 5-day stomach bug was, well, miserable. I’m not scheduled to travel again until July. I’m very much looking forward to returning to a normal routine! I know that Luke is very much looking forward to this as well.
The results are in, and Stephen Lair is the undisputed winner of the Lurong Summertime Challenge! Stephen informed me that he didn’t have a single cheat meal for the duration of the challenge. Well done, Stephen!
→ CrossFit Surmount will be hosting the 31Heroes WOD August 1. The 31Heroes WOD (workout of the day) was specifically designed to remember the fallen heroes of August 6, 2011 and honor their legacy of sacrifice.
- Hang snatch 1RM
- 12-min AMRAP (running, arms, core, legs)
- Dumbbells, box jumps, and “Sally”
- Hero WOD
- Thursday – Rest Day and Open Gym
- Handstand holds
- Not quite a fight gone bad
- TNG power cleans
- 20-min AMRAP (double unders included)
- Barbell challenge
- Perceived effort long run (meet at the box)
- 400m, 800m, 1600m (meet at White Oak Church entrance of ATT)
- Deadlifts and “Sally”
- EMOTM for 20 minutes (slam balls)