Coach Paul’s Weekly Update
Congratulations to Anthony V. for being names the July Athlete of the Month! Anthony is a gifted athlete and a pleasure to coach.
Another heartfelt thanks to the coaches who taught sessions during my recent absences. I’ve had the opportunity to visit other boxes, and it always feels good to be home
The Running Clinic was a tremendous success! I’m always modifying the session based upon user feedback. Everyone who attended Saturday’s session got one-on-one coaching.
As previously announced, Endurance begins THIS TUESDAY, and sessions will be held from 7:15 to 8:15 Tuesday and Thursday morning. We’ll often be meeting at the American Tobacco Trail, so be sure to read the WOD before attending a session. Let me know if you’re interested in participating.
Beginning In July, there will be no 7 am session on Tuesdays.
July 4th Schedule
- Sessions at 8:30 and 9:45 am ONLY (all other session cancelled)
- We’ll be completing “1776,” an hour-long WOD. Yes, 60 minutes. Arrive early to warm up on your own and set up your workstation.
- Express athletes are welcome to attend!
The 1st Intrabox Team Competition will be held THIS Saturday, July 9! Events 1, 2, and 3 have been announced. The top three teams will compete in a final (the fifth) event. There will be no regularly scheduled sessions that day. If you aren’t competing, judging, or assisting, plan on spectating!
- Bench press
- Split jerk
- Quartet with dumbbells
- Hang snatch
- Hero WOD
- Intrabox Competition (No regularly scheduled WODs)
- Muscle ups
- Team benchmark WOD
- Wednesday & Thursday
- Benchmark WOD
- Breathing (meet at Wimberly Entrance of ATT)
- Tabata (meet at Wimberly Entrance of ATT)