PR week was a big week! Lots and lots of PRs, and lots of big weights that were at least close to old PRs before the quarantine. Goes to show we are all still staying strong and getting stronger! I also think that staying with 10% of a PR is a good day, especially as we age, that means we are maintaining strength. Plus so many factors go into how your day went – sleep, nutrition, hydration, mood, music…. Gotta be a good combo!
At the end of last week, we increased our class sizes to 14 per class. This was decided based on the success we have had at the gym keeping things clean, and everyone maintaining good protocols. We have the room, so let’s expand a bit. Keep it up!
Programming wise, test week was a big success! This week, we have lots of fitness conditioning going on with a big more volume, but some lower weight numbers. We will start the week though with a 3 rep max back squat, and later continue working on those fast deadlifts.
This week, like others, but especially this week, looks like a very hot one. Remember to drink water BEFORE you get to the box, DURING your workout, and AFTER!!!
Again, from me and all the coaches, we cannot stress enough how overwhelmed we have been with you support through this challenging time for all of us. Thank you so much. As we start a new month, and what we have laid out above isn’t for you, please reach out to Nick to discuss membership options for you going forward.
Follow us on Instagram @crossfit_surmount And please request to join the CFS Members group on Facebook if you are not in the group yet. Follow us there for great pictures, updates, and more!
• Back squat – heavy set of 3; metcon of power cleans, thrusters and pull-ups
• Floor press; EMOM of calories and box jumps followed by a hang power snatch sprint!
• Longer one with 4k of running and farmer carries
• Deadlifts, a little heavier this week, but still light and fast; metcon of hang power cleans and burpees
• Chipper of calories, sit-ups, double unders, push-ups
• Row/bike/ski, DB front squat, DB step over, DB squat cleans