I hope everyone had a great Hanukkah and Christmas and you had some time to enjoy your family, reflect upon all we have to be thankful for, and maybe even got some new CrossFit gear! As we turn the calendar to 2021 later this week, we are ready for another awesome year at CFS. This will be year 5 of Meredith and I owning the box, and we could not thank everyone enough for their support, more so this year than ever. What a year it has been! Who would have thought last year at this time we would be doing Zoom workouts, parking lot workouts, and loaning out all the equipment in the box! But we did, and we got through! And by looking at last week’s whiteboard with PRs in snatches, box jumps, and clean and jerks….I’d say we came out stronger! Thank you all! Cheers to a solid 2020, and an awesome 2021 coming!
Our holiday schedule this week is as follows:
New Year’s Eve: No afternoon classes
New Year’s Day: 8 am, 9:30, 11:00 am classes
If you ordered a shirt, tank, hoodie, or crewneck, they are in. A few of you still need to grab yours. Ask a coach to grab yours, and mark your name off the list. If you missed out on the pre-order, we do have a few extra shirts, and very limited hoodies and crewnecks. Just mark it on the index card if you get one, but please confirm first that we have extras.
Secret Santa was a success! I enjoyed seeing the guesses people had, and the creative gifts. Thanks again Janet for organizing. There are a few people who need to still grab their present from the tree.
The 2021 Open was announced to start on March 11 and run 3 weeks! Different from our usual 5 weeks, just means more fun in a shorter amount of time. Fingers crossed we can safely hold big events at the box and enjoy this awesome time of year at the gym. Registration opens soon, and our programming will be tailored to ramp up for this starting next week. A new format has those who finish in the top 10% qualifying for the next 2 weeks of competition, and I know we have several members who that is very attainable.
- Programming this week, being in the holidays, it’s not the best time to start a new cycle. So we will wait until next week to start our Open prep. Use this week to have fun and enjoy your time with our community. For now expect the following until the Open:
- Metcons will be mostly 7-16 minutes with some going longer
Strength will be maintained with at least 1 squat session per week and some Olympic weightlifting sessions
Follow us on Instagram @crossfit_surmount And please request to join the CFS Members group on Facebook if you are not in the group yet. Follow us there for great pictures, updates, and more!
• Back squat EMOM with low weight; snatch and pull-up/muscle-up metcon
• Back to back “girl” benchmarks: Dips, cleans, deadlifts, handstand push-ups
• Front squat EMOM w/ low weight; metcon of step-ups, toes to bar, and double unders
• 12 movements, 31 reps of each… count it down!
• New Year’s Day – a special 2021 WOD
• Partner fun
• 32 minute AMRAP! Pull-ups, burpees, rowing