Happy Holidays everyone!
The holiday party was one for the books! It was such a great night with great people. Thanks for all who came out and enjoyed a great time. We truly have such a great community where everyone knows just about everyone. I saw a post on Instagram early this week from another box somewhere and they had name tags at their holiday party. I’m glad we don’t need those, and my goal is we never will. You may not know everyone, but you at least feel comfortable enough to go introduce yourself. Like I said there, it wasn’t meant to be a birthday party, but thanks for making it feel that way, and if I did have a birthday party, you all would be who I’d invite anyways. Thanks for the amazing birthday card and gift as well, truly appreciated. Much love!
It’s the last week of 2018, and this link has some cool stats from Wodify on the year. Check it out here: Wodify
Programming wise, we start the week with a favorite of all – the 12 Days of Christmas. Then the rest of the week is heavy metcon and some partner workouts to work off those extra holiday calories. After the holidays, we’ll really start ramping up for Open time.
Schedule notes this week and upcoming:
• No more CrossFit Kids this year, as we’ll take the 20th and 27th off.
• Christmas Eve – classes at 6 am, 8:30, 9:45, 11:45 am
• Christmas Day – no classes
• December 26th – no 6:00 am class or 6:30 pm class
• New Year’s Eve – classes at 8:30, 9:45, 11:45 am
• New Year’s Day – classes at 8:30 and 9:45 am
• January 2nd – full schedule, get it!
January 1st, I’ll be doing a new hero workout called “Chad”. It won’t be the class workout, but you’re welcome to join. It’s 1000 box step ups for time. Rx is wearing 45#, either via a vest or backpack. It’s a lot of step-ups of course. Figure an hour at least, as I have seen many times range from 65 minutes to 95 minutes. Just a thought, but a good way to start the year to honor quite a man. Chad’s story is here: https://morningchalkup.com/2018/12/20/the-story-of-the-dave-castros-viral-hero-wod-to-honor-his-friend/
The monthly challenge for December is to just get in here! Each time you come in, put a tally next to your name on the chalk board. Stay consistent in the month that often times is the most difficult. One more week to go in December and 2018! I loved today hear a member get a goal they had been working on all year, way to stick with it!
Barbell Club will have a different look in 2019, more details to come, but Coach Jay will still be leading an amazing program, on the same days, but with some new and exciting tweaks to it.
We’ll also be adding another CrossFit Kids class in 2019. This will be on Sundays with Coach Mirka, and designed for kids ages 9-12, as we start to introduce the barbell a little more. More details coming soon…
Follow us on Instagram @crossfit_surmount And please request to join the CFS Members group on Facebook if you are not in the group yet. Follow us there for great pictures, updates, and more!
• 12 days of Christmas!
• Closed, but we’ll have at home workout posted that you can do with friends and family….burpees! 🙂
• Chipper with sit-ups to work off that big Christmas dinner
• 30 minute EMOM of rowing, slam balls, step ups
• 3 rounds, rest, then 2 rounds of some pull-ups, hang power cleans, wall balls, and box jumps
• Partner, lots of overhead squats, handstand push-ups, and toes to bar
• Partner, 10 minute AMRAPs