Happy Hanukkah, Merry Christmas and Season’s Greetings to all!! Note our holiday schedule below so you’re sure to get in and not miss out on some fun workouts this week. If you have friends or family in town, we’d love to have them visit. Please reach out to a coach ahead of time for a heads up so we are prepared. Always fun to share a good workout with the fam before or after the holidays.
No Kids classes til week of January 6th 2020
Christmas Eve – 8:30 and 9:45 only
Christmas Day – Closed
December 26th – 8:30 and 9:45 classes
New Year’s Eve – 6:00, 8:30, and 9:45 am classes
New Year’s Day – 8:30 and 9:45 classes
This week, programming wise we have some fun workouts to keep you moving over the holidays. We have some heavy squats on Christmas Eve, and on Friday, and lots of partner fun 3 times this week.
Coach Heather will host a Mala Yoga session to wrap up 2019 on December 29th from 7:30 to 9:30 am. This is 108 sun salutations. Ask Heather for more details if you’re curious. Though it is 2 hours, I believe it’s for all levels. I did one of these in Buffalo several years ago, very cool to do, and a great challenge as well.
If you haven’t grabbed a CFS ornament, don’t forget to grab one from the front box, and thank Janet and Mike Allen for these. Very generous, and super cool!
This month, we are going for consistency in the gym. Shoot to attend 3+ times a week as we get pulled in many directions with the holidays.
Follow us on Instagram @crossfit_surmount And please request to join the CFS Members group on Facebook if you are not in the group yet. Follow us there for great pictures, updates, and more!
• Pull up work to prep for the metcon: thrusters, push-press, push-jerks with pull-ups, chest to bar, and muscle-ups!
• 1 rep max back squat, then 12 Days of CrossFit
• Christmas! Closed, but we’ll post an at-home workout
• Benchmark trio combined, The “Trinity”
• Deadlift EMOM; metcon in Tabata fashion
• 24 minute partner AMRAP for meters on a machine + rounds and reps of toes to bar, snatches, OHS, and mountain climbers
• Front squat EMOM; partner AMRAP with unique versions of burpees with DBs