The Reindeer Games were incredible! So much fun, so much community spirit, and so many amazing efforts! Thanks so much to all those that helped make it possible – those who helped me set it up on Friday night and early Saturday, all the judges and those who helped move equipment, and all those who stuck around after to clean up! Much appreciated! It takes a village! Congratulations to our winners: The Drunken Rein-Beers in Rx, and 3 Filipinos and a White Chick in Intermediate. And congrats to all those who got PRs or competed for the first time.
Remember, this Friday December 21st is our Holiday Party! 7 pm at Brewster’s. Looking forward to a fun celebration with everyone. Adults only, and bring a guest. It’s Trivia Night there too, so we can jump in on that. Fun attire encouraged.
Programming wise, little more intensity on the metcons this week, a little less on the weightlifting. Some skill work as well, and then I threw in a CFS favorite as well. Have some fun fitness this week!
Schedule notes this week and upcoming:
No more CrossFit Kids this year, as we’ll take the 20th and 27th off.
- Friday the 21st, no 6:30 pm class so everyone can get to the Holiday Party on time.
- Christmas Eve – classes at 6 am, 8:30, 9:45, 11:45 am
- Christmas Day – no classes
- December 26th – no 6:00 am class or 6:30 pm class
- New Year’s Eve – classes at 8:30, 9:45, 11:45 am
- New Year’s Day – classes at 8:30 and 9:45 am
- January 2nd – full schedule, get it!
Thanks to all who donated to the Angel Tree! It makes such a difference in those young children’s lives. Thanks to Jess for coordinating.
The monthly challenge for December is to just get in here! Each time you come in, put a tally next to your name on the chalk board. Stay consistent in the month that often times is the most difficult. We’re halfway through, keep it up through the next few challenging weeks!
Barbell Club will have a different look in 2019, more details to come, but Coach Jay will still be leading an amazing program, on the same days, but with some new and exciting tweaks to it.
We’ll also be adding another CrossFit Kids class in 2019. This will be on Sundays with Coach Mirka, and designed for kids ages 9-12, as we start to introduce the barbell a little more. More details coming soon…
Rockbot is the official music player for CFS now. What’s unique about it is you as members get to pick what is played. First step is download the app, then check in when at CFS, then request the songs you’d like to hear during your class.
Follow us on Instagram @crossfit_surmount And please request to join the CFS Members group on Facebook if you are not in the group yet. Follow us there for great pictures, updates, and more!
- A looong one with wall balls and burpees and running
- Upper body conditioning; metcon with ascending ladder of box jumps and heavy power cleans
- 16 minute AMRAP of toes to bar, and heavier barbell front squats and jerks
- A CFS holiday favorite – deadlifts, wall balls, ring dips
- Holiday Party tonight at 7 pm at Brewster’s. Also, my birthday. I’ll be doing a special workout of my own in addition to today’s programing at 4 if anyone wants to join: mile run, 37 bodyweight back squats, 37 ring muscle ups, 1 mile run. Class WOD is DB snatches and suitcase lunges with double unders after playing some games to warm up
- Rowing and thrusters with a buddy
- Pistols; every 2 minute chest to bar and snatch metcon