NUTRITION IS THE FOUNDATION OF EVERYTHING WE DO!
You can’t out-exercise a bad diet.
Our Nutrition Coaching Program at CrossFit Surmount is very unique and is designed to provide individuals with an easy, science-based approach to nutrition and wellness, using simple behavior modification strategies to create positive change without the stress of “dieting.”
Announcing the new 1:1 Nutrition Service! Our Nutrition program (like our CrossFit and Personal Training Programs) combines behavioral change with achievement to create habits that will last a LIFETIME. Our program can be completed in person or online!
Proud affiliate of:
Proven Record of Success
Written by Nicole Aucoin Registered Dietician
Education and Accountability
- We call this Nutrition 101 and is intended for individuals who just want an easy, general outline of what to eat that will produce great results. This program is designed to teach general nutrition, providing a simple approach to understanding how different elements, like macro- and micro-nutrients, play a vital role in meeting individual goals.
- This 4 week nutrition package is intended for individuals who want a more specific plan to target their goals: weight loss, weight gain or to improve performance in their sport. This program offers clients the opportunity to receive an individualized plan, based on body fat calculations and lean body mass, tailored specifically to the needs of the individual. It includes a pre- and post- consultation to assess goals and follow-up success.
- This 6 week nutrition package is intended for individuals who want a more specific plan to target their goals, but also feel they need additional accountability and the support of a caring professional throughout their transformation. This program offers clients the opportunity to receive an individualized plan, based on body fat calculations and lean body mass, tailored specifically to the needs of the individual, but includes opportunities to check in with the Dietitian for weekly 15 minute consultations to review progress, half-way point measurements, and more.
- Moving into your Maintenance Phase, stay accountable with a monthly visits to the Nutrition Coach. This option is only available after having completed a customized plan or challenge. • Continual monitoring and evaluation of progress • Ongoing support • Review and adjustment of goals • Modification of nutrition program
Would you like FREE help? Sign up today to receive the FREE CrossFit Surmount Nutrition eBook today!
MEET THE DIETITIAN
Meredith Magnini has been involved in the health and fitness industry in many different capacities since her college days at Penn State University, where she earned her Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition Science. She continued to pursue her studies in Nutrition at Case Western Reserve University in Ohio, where she completed her dietetic internship and received her graduate degree in Nutrition. She has been practicing as a Licensed and Registered Dietitian Nutritionist since 2005. She has worked in the hospitals, the food industry writing food ingredient listings and International regulatory work, and as of late working towards a private practice specializing in disordered eating.
Meredith Magnini RD- feeding the mind, body, and spirit- specializes in disordered eating patterns. Meredith is a nutrition therapist and together, with the client, work to:
- Promote healthy eating patterns and a healthy relationship with food without restriction
- Get to the root of why one has certain beliefs, behaviors, and feelings around food
- Improve self-esteem, confidence, and trust through body respect
- Focus on overall health and wellness vs. a number
- Nutrition therapy sessions are not focused on numbers but rather the how and why of eating, away from diets and food rules. Meredith works with the Intuitive Eating model, Health At Every Size principles, and motivational interviewing process to develop a weight-neutral, non-diet approach to nutrition.
The client will gain confidence, knowledge, and trust in the ability to make food decisions without a strict set of rules. This method can be practiced by anyone and also be integrated into more specific eating practices.
- (1) 90-minute consultation with Meredith Magnini, RD
- (1) 30-minute follow-up session with Meredith Magnini, RD
Meredith Magnini MS, RDN, LDN follows the belief and practices of Ellyn Satter’s Division of Responsibility in Feeding:
Children have natural ability with eating. They eat as much as they need, they grow in the way that is right for them, and they learn to eat the food their parents eat. Step-by-step, throughout their growing-up years, they build on their natural ability and become eating competent. Parents let them learn and grow with eating when they follow the Division of Responsibility in Feeding.
In these sessions, parents will:
- Learn how what Division of Responsibility is when it comes to feeding and snacks
- Learn and understand the use of “forbidden” food
- Prevent and solve feeding problems o
- Prevent and address child overweight and obesity
- Discuss how to address picky eaters
*Initial appointments are always with the parents/caregivers to discuss how the household is run and typical eating patterns of the family. After reviewing the basic principles of division of responsibility, Meredith can then meet with the child once that has been discussed with parents and caregivers and a plan of action has been determined.
- (1) 75-minute consultation with Meredith Magnini, RD and parent(s) or caregiver(s)
- (1) 30-minute follow-up with Meredith Magnini, RD and parent(s) or caregiver(s)
- Includes 10-15 minutes of movement 20-minuted of nutrition education and games (all kid-friendly and age appropriate) Wrap up of 5–10 minutes of movement