WOD for Sunday, June 9
WODs at 9:45 & 11 am
First, much thanks to Lauren, Melinda, Marianne, Angie, Ashlee, and Coach Jeff for representing CFS at the Komen Race for the Cure. I’m very proud of all of you, and I shall proudly wear my PJ’s Bunnies shirt!
Second, thanks for your patience and understanding to all of you who attended Saturday’s WODs. It was very nice to have visitors from CrossFit Brier Creek, and you demonstrated graciousness and hospitality.
Last but not least, a HUGE thank you to Jay de Leon for presenting such an informative and meaningful presentation. We all learned much, Jay, and I give your presentation a solid A!
Hold and/or use a plate for all of the activities using the following bodyweight scale:
- Bodyweight | Plate
- < 90# | 10#
- 90 – 130# | 15#
- 131 – 170# | 25#
- > 171# | 45#
AFAP complete 49 reps of the following 7 activities:
- Lunges with plate held overhead
- Plyometric pushups (alternating hands)
- Twisting lunges
- Burpee box jumps (placing plate on box)
1. Hold the plate on chest or back.
2. Ensure that the plate touches chest at the start and that elbows are locked out at the finish.
3. Ensure that elbows are locked out, that forward knee is directly above ankle and that back knee touches the ground.
4. Ensure that chest touches the ground at bottom and elbows lock at top. You may not rest with chest on floor, but can rest in plank position. If knee(s) touches ground before elbows lock, the rep does not count.
5. Twist 90 degrees and in same direction as forward leg. Again, ensure hat forward knee is directly above ankle and that back knee touches the ground.
6. Chest much touch plate at bottom and elbows must be locked at top.
7. Chest much touch plate at bottom of burpee. Squat to pick up plate (so as to not hurt your back). Place plate on top of box and then ump on top of plate. Ensure that hips are fully extended before jumping or stepping off of the box. Box jumps are prescribed, but you may scaled to box steps.
30-minute time cap.
If you are unable to hold the plate, you must place it flat on the floor, i.e., not placed on a box, resting on the pull-up rig, etc.