Is CrossFit the right fit for me?
We get a lot of inquiries from people saying they want to give CrossFit a try but haven’t touched a barbell, or are intimidated with the group classes. We also hear, “I need to get more fit before I start CrossFit.” To all those statements I want to say I GET IT! And I’ll respond with, if I can do it, YOU can too! And here is why:
1) CrossFit Surmount is a community! When you walk through those doors, it’s not uncommon for someone to walk up to you and introduce themselves. We are a community that comes together to support one another, no matter what your goals are and where you are in your fitness journey!
2) CrossFit is functional movement and you may not know it, but you are doing many of the movements in every day life! Drop a pen on the floor? Yea, you’re deadlifting it to pick it up. Sitting on a couch and getting back up from the couch? Yup! You just did a squat! Putting something overhead in a kitchen cabinet? You just did a press! We take those movements and work on them in the gym. Instead of a pen, we use a barbell. Instead of a couch, we refine the squat in many different forms. You will learn proper technique and form and then translate it back to your day to day lifestyle and routine!
3) We can modify everything! Say you don’t want to add weight to that bar? No biggie. The biggest thing is form and mechanics. Once you’ve established you have the basics, we slowly add some weight. If you aren’t comfortable and/or the coach isn’t comfortable, we stick with the weight that’s appropriate for you! We move at your own pace, so long as you are safe!
4) We can modify EVERYTHING! Yes, I wrote this again! It’s worth repeating. And let me give you another example. Say we have a run in the workout. Or pull-ups. Instead of a run, you could row! Instead of a pull-up (because who has a pull-up going into CrossFit?) you can do a ring row. Or we can modify further, if need be. Say you have an injury, well, hey let’s treat the workout as a rehab session! We can switch out movements.
5) Setting you up for success! If you are new to CrossFit or new to the area and want a consult, we offer a free No Sweat Intro session where we discuss where you are in your fitness journey and where you want to go. We then offer an On Ramp which is 5-30 minute sessions designed to get you in the gym with a Personal Trainer. The purpose of these sessions is to teach you safety, technique and form, and get you comfortable in the gym! Afterwards you can continue on to our CrossFit group classes, or stay with a personal trainer. The choice is yours and your coach’s!
6) Goal Review Sessions. Every few months we will schedule a goal review session to see where you are in your journey and how we can help you get there!
7) Personal Training. Need some one-on-one specialized training? We’ve got you covered with either a 30 minute skills session or maybe you decide you aren’t a fan of group classes. We can work with you and customize a program for your needs.
We’ve given you 8 reasons why CrossFit can work for just about anyone and any body type. I mentioned above, if I can do it you can too! I was that person that had and continues to modify movements and weight. I was that person that had no idea what to do in a CrossFit gym. Coming from a yoga and running background I was completely out of my element. Lift weights? Who? Me? Everyone should have the opportunity to try out CrossFit in comfortable and safe environment where they feel supported and validated! Come give us a try. Change your life. Try something new! Book a 1:1 appointment from www.0485673.rcomhost.com and schedule a No Sweat Intro!