WOD for Friday, September 13
WODs at 6, 8:30, & 11:45 am and 4, 5:15, & 6:30 pm
- Second Saturday Series: “Financial Fitness” offered TOMORROW, September 14!
Join member Glenda Jensen as she discusses what you you need to know about planning for retirement and why you’re never too young to start — because it’s not how you start, it’s how you finish.
Glenda is the President and Founder of Jensen Financial Group, Retirement Specialist, and has a Series 65 Securities License and Life Insurance License
- Running Clinic Saturday, September 21 from 1 to 4 pm. Reserve your spot!
- CrossFit Durham is hosting the 3rd Annual Xander Tribute on Sunday, September 29. Coach Paul will be leading all of the sessions. CFS will be closed that day, and all members are invited to attend fundraiser for the Animal Protection Society of Durham.
- The Olympic Weightlifting seminar has been cancelled. Updates provided at box.
It’s Friday (Friday, Friday), so bring your playlist, yo. Maybe I’ll be lucky and not hear any songs by P!nk. Ha!
Complete 13 reps of the following as fast as possible:
1. Thrusters (95/65)
2. Bent over rows
3. Straight legged dead-lifts
5. Front squats
6. Hang cleans
7. Dead (since it’s Friday the 13th) hang pull-ups
8. 1-armed KB swings (52/35)
9. Box jumps (30/24)
10. Slam balls (30/20)
11. Slam ball jumping air squats
12. Slam ball pushups
13. Slam ball burpees
This is going to be fun! We’ll spend a considerable amount of time warming up and reviewing movement requirements.
You’ll be allowed 1 barbell, KB or DB, box, and slam ball. Determine the weight you’re going to use and stick with that weight. As you should be continuously moving, no scaling during the workout will be allowed.