Programming this week
Week 44 is number 4 of our Power Endurance phase. We have a good mixture this week of high intensity with adding volume plus midweek we’ve got a nice little surprise benchmark workout named “Honey Badger”. You will notice that all of our strength portions with a barbell this week are of the Clean variation. We have snatches in our Friday metcon in case you were worried about going an entire week without those! LOL
• We start this week off with a cluster set style front squat session followed by a high skill EMOM that will challenge everyone including our best athletes.
• Gymnastics to start followed by some interval style AMRAPs where we are teaching the body to recover while working as we introduce a 1 min active rest row/bike between each of the amrap
• Clean work then we meet the benchmark WOD called the “Honey Badger” (The honey badger is notorious for its strength, ferocity and toughness. It is known to savagely and fearlessly attack almost any other species when escape is impossible, reportedly even
repelling much larger predators such s lions and hyena. Bee stings, porcupine quills, and animal bites rarely penetrate their skin)
• Gymnastic Skill-Building to develop body control where we are introduced to a new skill that highly transferable: The headstand to plank. Following the skill , we’re putting in a major EMOM that will help build capacity, if done right of course. It will be very important to know your own mental toughness to take on such a big workout. Scaling will be your friend on this metcon.
• we finish the week off with a bang with some high volume push jerking and a devilish little couplet designed to get people working at their absolute best effort. It’ll be great!
• We will find something challenging for those members going to 8a class rather than the IntraBox competition
• Continued Sunday Endurance Training with a nice amrap style chipper followed by the same movements for time. What we call, the cherry on top!
Thanks again everyone
Each week our community proves it is the best around