- MURPH 2022 – Another Murph is in the books! As usual this proved to be one of the best days at CFS. Proof again we are, hands, down the best CrossFit gym around. We had a number of drop-ins all of whom were genuinely impressed by our community. A special shout out to Coach Seth for leading each class. Your passion for this day is always appreciated. And then there’s the one and only Cher Lair who graced us with The National Anthem. She made a couple of our eyes “leak”. A heart felt thank you to all of YOU! Looking forward to next year already.
- Summer Months – “It’s gettin’ hot in here (so hot)…” so please remember to HYDRATE! Additionally a “sweat” towel isn’t a bad idea.
- Nutrition Coaching – Ashlyn has one spot open for coaching. Sign-up here
- Clean Eatz Meal Prep Service – reminder that we offer the convenience of having your meals delivered right to the CrossFit Surmount refrigerator each Sunday evening so they’re available for you to pick-up on Monday.
Programming this week
Speed week! By definition, speed is “the rate at which someone or something is able to move or operate.” When we think about speed in CrossFit, we can see it in monostructural movements (running, rowing, biking, etc.) lifting (barbell cycling, barbell path, positions of a lift, etc.) and transitions. When we think of speed this week, think about what is going to allow you to maintain the stimulus your coach is mentioning. Does that mean we need to scale back on weight, modify a movement, or reduce reps? Maybe. But trust us, by training properly, you’ll perform well when it’s time to put it to the test.
• Power Snatch. Metcon of thrusters and running.
•Pressing and gymnastics. Metcon of KBS, sit-ups, and inversion practice.
•Back squats. Metcon of burpee box jump overs, DB cleans, and rowing.
•Weighted gymnastics. Running and carrying stuff in the metcon.
•Power cleans, rowing, snatching, and TTB in the metcon.
• Metcon of wall balls, ring muscle ups, and dubs.
•Benchmark metcon of pushups and situps. That’s “it”.
Thanks again everyone
Each week our community proves it is the best around