First, tell us a little bit about yourself. What are your interests outside of CrossFit?
- Wait, there are interests other than Crossfit??? My current interests are keeping mama bear happy and sane. I also enjoy the company of our 9 animals (4 horses, 3 dogs and 2 cats) and all the various chores to keep them fit and happy. Farm help is on the way (Due Sept 28th).
How and why did you get involved in CrossFit?
- I turned 30, wasn’t working out and part of my job is eating out with clients 4 days per week. Holy cow, it was starting to show and I felt like crap. Alex started P90X/ insanity videos and peer pressured me to join (yes, this was the beginning of drill Sargent Alex). We quickly memorized Tony Hortons lines. Word. For. Word. And when we started to watch it on mute, it was time for something different. At this point Alex tried CrossFit and after just one class signed us both up for a 1 year membership. The rest is history.
What was the first workout that you completed?
- I’ll never forget. On ramp. Coach Vegas wrote on the board: 250 meter row, 15 push ups, 10 pull ups for time. I thought to myself, this is CAKE I will CRUSH this… yeah, no. Almost didn’t complete it, threw up in the bushes and Alex had to drive us home because of latic acid build up.
What are your current and future training goals?
- Madison 2020!… to spectate.
- Current Goals:
- Get better at Butterfly PU
- Clean up my MU
- Stop chicken winging BMU
- 200 lbs Bench
- 180 lbs Snatch
What is your favorite activity or lift, e.g., pull-ups, dead-lifts, running, front squats, snatches, burpees, etc.?
- I’ve perfected the Hand Release Cobra Pushups. I give clinics on the regular. Hit me up if you want a private lesson. I also love the Snatch, HSPU and Ring MU.
What is your least favorite activity or lift?
- Wall balls, Thrusters, and Dead Lifts. Need to do these more and turn them into favorites.
What PR are you most proud of achieving and why?
- 175 lbs Snatch. It’s a technical lift. All of the movements must align, the timing has to be perfect and it’s the best feeling when you succeed.
What do you enjoy more, strength or conditioning and why?
- I enjoy strength more. I enjoy the process of working on weaknesses and turning them into strengths. The smallest tweaks can make a world of difference.
- Chick Fila # 2, waffle fries and a chocolate oreo milkshake. Sorry Glassman. Also, all the healthy food that Alex cooks 🙂
What are 3 fun facts about yourself?
- I was born premature and my lungs collapsed and I still have the scars where they pumped them back up.
- I’ve hiked ten 14ers (Mountains above 14,000 ft) in Colorado and have made it a life goal to climb all 58.
- I played Lacrosse for 10 years.