Week 4 of our Wendler program is this week, and this is the last “heavy” week before we go into de-load week next week (more on what that is exactly in next week’s post), then we’ll re-test all those lifts and set some new PRs!
Mike Allen’s Regionals wrap up Monday, and he has completed 3 of the very tough 4 workouts. It has been a great pleasure to watch him attack these challenges. Good luck Mike on that last one!
Scheduling note, due to many members and coaches being out of town this weekend for the Ragnar Trail Race in Richmond, VA, we will not have a 6:30 pm class on Friday. Also, on Saturday we will just have one session, held at 9:30. Spread the word.
We’re also excited to announce our official referral program. Effective immediately, anytime you bring a friend in to try out CrossFit Surmount, you get a Fit Aid or Kill Cliff from the fridge on the house! Furthermore, should that person join, your next month’s membership will be discounted by 15%. There’s no limit to how many drinks you can earn, and how many months of discounts you can earn either. You love CrossFit Surmount, and it’s more fun with friends and family, so bring them in and reap the rewards. (Note: This program applies to new members only, not bringing in a former member, though we’d love to see them too)
Thanks to all who completed our online survey. The feedback is greatly appreciated, and we are reviewing all surveys over the next few weeks, meet with our team of coaches, and at that point we’ll use your feedback and provide what we’re working on to make CFS as great as it can be.
Our very own Mary-Ann de Leon is participating in, and raising funds for this year’s Susan G. Komen Race for a Cure on May 6th. We’d love to have a big group participate as well, and you can donate and find out more info here: http://www.info-komen.org/site/TR?fr_id=6796&pg=personal&px=23337309 There is a 5K run and a 1k walk option as well. This would be a great WOD for the day for sure!
Save the Dates:
- Grand Re-Opening on May 20th – 8:30 will be a regular class, 9:45 will be a free community WOD, and then the festivities will begin. We’ll unveil the new logo, have new shirts, tanks, and magnets available, a refreshed interior, Buoy Bowls onsite, Vicious Fishes Brewery serving up drinks, games, lots of giveaways, food, and much more
- Murph and BBQ on Memorial Day, May 29th – Workouts will begin at 8:30 and 9:45, with the party following the 9:45 session. We’ll provide the main course (burgers, dogs, veggie burgers), you BYOY and a side/dessert to pass. All are welcome, including family and friends.
Follow us on Instagram @crossfit_surmount And please request to join the CFS Members group on Facebook if you are not in the group yet. Follow us there for great pictures, updates, and more!
- Back squats, and similar workout to an Online Regionals Workout
- Strict press, ascending and descending ladder with snatches, power cleans, kb swings, box jumps and running
- Bench press, then an 18 minute AMRAP metcon of thrusters and burpees
- Time for some tabatas
- Deadlifts, and a benchmark that keeps getting rained out
- Partner workout of a hero workout
- The Chief
- Max height box jumps, and 3-3 minute AMRAPs with a med ball
- Every minute on the minute, for 24 minutes with bear crawls, bar hops, burpees and kettlebells