Our first cold snap of the year! Brrrr! Reminder, we follow the Wake County Schools’ cancellation policy in regards to our class schedule. I will always post on Facebook and send messages via Wodify to make cancellation notices.
We have a new updated Instagram page: @crossfit_surmount Follow us there for great pictures, updates, and more!
The Intrabox Competition is this Saturday January 14th! It’s going to be amazing and filled with PRs and fun! Plus, with Coach Paul as emcee, what else could you ask for? Come cheer on your fellow members, and we always could use volunteers to judge and help with set-up. No regular classes will be held that day. Buoy Bowls Food Truck is confirmed to be there as well to feed the masses. Yum!
The 2017 New Year’s Resolution Lurong Challenge starts the week of January 16th. We are signed up as an affiliate, as interest has been strong. We’ll complete the workout each Wednesday. Register here if you haven’t yet. We have 20 members, let’s get to 25!
The CrossFit Games Open starts on February 23rd. My favorite time of the year. We have lots of fun stuff planned for the Open this year. You’ll want to sign up for it, and registration opens January 12th. Get excited here: http://games.crossfit.com/
- Paused front squats and an 18 minute AMRAP with the barbell
- Push jerks and a 8 rounds for time triplet
- Cleans and an up and down ladder with the barbell and core movements
- Back squats, 21-15-9 metcon, and the Lurong Pre Challenge Contest
- Double Benchmark Friday
- Intrabox Competition – no classes
- A workout from the Open past that you won’t soon forget
- Hang power clean EMOM and an triplet ladder
- Another EMOM of wall balls and planks, followed by a burpee and sprinting metcon