WOW!! Two weeks in a row, that’s all I can say, is wow!. Murph today was incredible! The community, the camaraderie, the patriotism! When Meredith and I bought CFS, it was days like this that we knew all the hard work would make it worth it. And it certainly did! Thanks to all you members for coming out, putting in all your hard work into that workout, brining great food, and honoring Murph, and all our current and former military throughout the box and the great USA! CrossFit is community fitness at it’s core, and today was a shining example of that. As great as our grand re-opening was last weekend, today was so much more satisfying. That was what it’s all about!
This week, we’ll have a recovery type WOD tomorrow, back to snatch work Wednesday, take a week off from the handstand work, and keep rolling along crushing it all!
Lots of new members continue to join us, and our community grows. With that, comes a need for more equipment too. Be on the lookout for more new toys coming soon.
- CrossFit Express is being discontinued, with the last class being Thursday, June 9th. We are aligning our core values, and to do what we do best, CrossFit, it is in the best interests to focus our coaching and expertise on one program and one class going on at a time. All current Express members have been made aware of this change and are ready to jump right in. You will begin seeing them in full CrossFit classes shortly. Welcome them with the open arms you always do.
- CrossFIt Kids is on a vacation. Sundays through the end of August. Our Thursday night class at 5:30 p.m. will still continue as per usual, and continues to grow in size each week! The energy is amazing! Bring your kids to try it out next week.
Remember our referral program: Effective immediately, anytime you bring a friend in to try out CrossFit Surmount, you get a Fit Aid or Kill Cliff from the fridge on the house! Furthermore, should that person join, your next month’s membership will be discounted by 15%. There’s no limit to how many drinks you can earn, and how many months of discounts you can earn either. You love CrossFit Surmount, and it’s more fun with friends and family, so bring them in and reap the rewards. (Note: This program applies to new members only, not bringing in a former member, though we’d love to see them too)
Follow us on Instagram @crossfit_surmount And please request to join the CFS Members group on Facebook if you are not in the group yet. Follow us there for great pictures, updates, and more!
- Murph, nailed it!
- EMOM with core and bodyweight movements; challenging, yet a good recovery from Murph
- Snatch work, then a 10 minute workout with 2 minute intervals including power cleans
- Regional Event with muscle ups and dumbbells; then a slam ball EMOM
- Deadlifts, and a 16 minute AMRAP with running and a sandbag
- 2 person workout with both partners working at once
- Rowing, running, double unders
- Double under work, then the same workout as CrossFit, just 5 minutes shorter to fit into class
- 18 minute AMRAP with running, burpees, and a sandbag