Thanks to all the coaches who picked up the slack while Meredith and I were in Buffalo visiting family. I had to laugh working out up there when they complained how hot it was. Puuuhleease! I have to say too, though we definitely have it tough with the humidity, it definitely helps in our training. Like some athletes train in the high altitudes, we train in the humidity. It makes you stronger and more resilient.
Week 2 of Ben Bergeron’s programming continues. That first taste this past Monday was a doozy! I hope you enjoyed it as much as me. More to come!
This week, you’ll begin to see some accessory work added into the end of the programming as well. This is some additional work that you can do on your own after class, or if time allows with the class in each session. These will be pieces to improve your midline, core conditioning, and what we will call “body armor” – strengthening your body with some of those smaller neglected muscles. An example would be a tabata of hollow rocks, or 5 sets of 25 band rows from the rig.
It’s official, August 26th is our next Intrabox Team Competition. This is a 4 person, co-ed event. I will have a sign-up form at the box soon for teams to register. We will have an Rx and Intermediate division, with standards of each to come soon. Start gathering your teams now!
BINGO is underway. Congrats to Chris Marion who went all out and got Bingo in like a day and a half! He is the proud winner of $15 store credit of items from the fridge. Chris, see me for details on how to redeem. Remember, filling up the whole card is still up for grabs. $15 and a Fit Aid shirt/tank of your choice is up for grabs. Pick up your own bingo card at the front desk, complete the activities to mark off squares, and win some swag!
Our new coaches, Janet, Laurie, and Jaclyn are officially on board. We are excited to add them to the staff, as they each add something different to our already great group of coaches. Read up on them, and all our coaches here.
There is also a sign up sheet at the front desk if you didn’t get one of the new shirts. And we also are doing a pre-order for some slick looking trucker hats. They are low profile and very comfortable.
The Tuna Run is approaching faster than you think. Stephen Cline has captained a team, and is looking for runners. Send him a message, or reach out to him in person if you’re interested in a fun run to the ocean!
- CrossFIt Kids is on a vacation. Sundays through the end of August. Our Thursday night class at 5:30 p.m. will still continue as per usual, and continues to grow in size each week! The energy is amazing! Bring your kids to try it out next week.
Remember our referral program: Anytime you bring a friend in to try out CrossFit Surmount, you get a Fit Aid or Kill Cliff from the fridge on the house! Furthermore, should that person join, your next month’s membership will be discounted by 15%. There’s no limit to how many drinks you can earn, and how many months of discounts you can earn either. You love CrossFit Surmount, and it’s more fun with friends and family, so bring them in and reap the rewards. (Note: This program applies to new members only, not bringing in a former member, though we’d love to see them too)
Follow us on Instagram @crossfit_surmount And please request to join the CFS Members group on Facebook if you are not in the group yet. Follow us there for great pictures, updates, and more!
- More stamina squats – heavier but less reps; and an 18 minute AMRAP with running, box jumps, toes to bar, and dumbbell work
- Muscle up drills that will improve everyone’s pull-ups and dips; then 3 – 4 minute AMRAPs with snatches and wall balls; accessory work
- Deadlift and push jerks for strength and the metcon
- A day full of “body armor”, core conditioning, and skill work (don’t worry, you’ll sweat)
- A spin on the benchmark workout, Jackie; then rope climb work
- 4 person team workout
- Endurance Sunday: Paused deadlifts, then an endurance metcon with running and power cleans