First, a BIG congratulations to all of CFS athletes who competed in the Team Superfit challenge this past Saturday! Lauren & Ashley placed 2nd in the novice female/female division, and Jay & Jeff finished either 4th or 5th (we’re not sure) in the novice male/male division. All of the competitors represented CFS well, as they demonstrated proper form and execution for all movements. A special thank you to all of you who attended the competition and cheered for the competitors!
The next few months are going to be very fun! The Lurong Resolution Challenge begins Monday and the 2015 CrossFit Games Open begins February 26. I encourage all athletes to register for the Open, as it’s a great way to see how you compare to others at the box, in your age group, your gender, in the Mid-Atlantic region, in the United States, and even in the world! We will be completing each of the workouts. For the first time there is also a scaled division. Click here to register.
- Mascot Luke is back on the job! His staples will be removed Thursday — as will his cone.
- Coach Marni will begin leading sessions this week!
- The final session of the current Barbell Club series is scheduled this Thursday. CFS will offer FREE introductory sessions Sunday, January 25 form 9:30 to 11 am, Tuesday and Thursday January 27 and 29 from 6:30 to 8 pm, and Sunday, February 1 from 9:30 to 11 am. Please contact Coach Paul if you’d be interested in attending one or two of these sessions.
- Monday – “I don’t even know her!” and couplet partner workout
- Tuesday – Lurong Challenge workout
- Wednesday – Hero workout
- Thursday – Rest day
- Friday – Pushing and couplet (with pulling, of course)
- Saturday – Team (teams of 4 or 5) workout
- Sunday – TBD