Benchmark Workout Week was fun! The most often heard comment was “I’m sore.” It’s okay to be sore; it’s not okay to be in pain. Know your limits, and let the coaches know if how you’re feeling and faring.
We have many new CrossFit and CrossFit Express members. As always, be sure to introduce yourself to anyone you might not know.
- Mascot Luke’s recovery continues to go well. I know that you all miss having him at the box. Know that he misses being at the box and is quite sad when he’s left home alone. Luke will hopefully be coming to the box later this week. I ask that you not get too excited around him as this will make him excitable. We’re supposed to limit his activities, so please don’t bring him any toys and/or allow him out of his contained area.
- Coach Nick has quickly acclimated to CFS, and is a very welcome addition to the coaching staff! If you haven’t yet had an opportunity to attend a session he leads I encourage you to do so. You won’t be disappointed.
- Coach Marni will begin co-leading sessions with me this week. I’m looking forward to coaching the coach!
- The final session of the current Barbell Club series is scheduled for January 22. Coach James will be finalizing his schedule of college courses and determining the best days of the week and times of day that will work best for his very busy schedule. We’ve most recently discussed offering BBC Monday and Wednesday evenings and Saturday mornings. Let me and/or Coach know if you’re interested in participating. There’s no better way to improve your Olympic lifts!
- The SuperFit Games will be held this Saturday, and CFS will be well represented. Coach Deborah will be leading the 8:30 and 11 am sessions that day. (Thanks for doing so, Coach Deborah!)
- Monday – Deadlifts and couplet (you could argue triplet)
- Tuesday – Every OTHER minute quartet
- Wednesday – OHS and couplet
- Thursday – Rest day
- Friday – Bodyweight (& running)
- Saturday – Benchmark workout
- Sunday – Barbell challenge