Another great week in the books at CFS! So many PRs, especially all those first muscle-ups. This Thursday will be a special focus on those, both bar and ring versions. Congrats to everyone who had PRs this week, of any type.
It’s almost here, the Open! I posted on Saturday on Facebook the details of our Intramural Team Event and “Thursday Night Lights”. And I’ll have it posted at the box as well for you to see all the details. We have right now 32 members signed up, it’s going to be epic! Ask me if you have any questions about the event. I cannot wait for this to start! You’ll want to sign up for it, and registration is open now here.
You’ll notice we have a new “chalk board” when you come in. One side is for announcements – currently a sign up if you are in for the Open. The other side is a goal board. Put down a goal you want to achieve and work towards. This will help you with accountability and stay focused. When you achieve that goal, ring the bell, and write a new one down!
The 2017 New Year’s Resolution Lurong Challenge wraps up this week. We continue to be the top ranked affiliate in all of North Carolina, and are 17th out 150+ in the country! Super impressive! Strong finish here. This week’s Lurong Challenge WOD is the same one we did in week 1 of the Challenge, and we’ll get to see your progress. Remember at the end of the week, we’ll need to take body measurements and enter those as well. Stay strong group, and keep logging your progress.
As I forgot to mention last week, Coach James is back on the team. He is coaching Monday’s at 5:15 and 6:30, and Wednesday’s at 5:15. Great to have him back.
We have a new updated Instagram page: @crossfit_surmount And please request to join the CFS Members group on Facebook if you are not in the group yet. Follow us there for great pictures, updates, and more!
- Bear-y fun strength work, and a chipper
- Valentine’s Day partner workout and partner strength
- Lurong WOD #1 retest, and a quick tabata to end the day
- Gymnastics work, running, and burpees
- Benchmark Friday, a 10 round hero WOD with a bit of everything
- Team workout, the new Saturday tradition
- Two for the price of one Open workouts, the last warm up before the Open starts
- Valentine’s Day partner workout and partner deadlifts
- 21-15-9 barbell complex and a core tabata