The Sua Sponte Games were this past weekend, and we rocked it! Congratulations to Dave Bock and Craig Brockman, Team Chowda and Cheesesteaks, on taking 3rd place in the Intermediate Division. Epic performance fellas!! We had 7 other teams as well and the most fan support by far! Congratulations to Kyle, Jaclyn, Tom, Wendy, Susan, Janet, Lee, Marni, Jess, Eddie, Aly, Alex, and Asia for all giving all they got and most of all having a great time! Too many people to mention who came out and cheered us on, brought food, heaters, water, etc… that this post would be forever long, but thank you truly, you know who you are!! We have a community that is unmatched! I’ll put you all up against anyone when it comes to friendship, support, love, and fun! Who is excited for the next comp? Training starts tomorrow! 🙂
This week, programming wise, We have another fun week next week!
Here are some important notes for this coming week:
1. There are no squat sessions. This is on purpose to give a bit of a break from the heavy work but we do have some Olympic Lifting sections that will focus on technique and specific portions of the lift.
2. Metcons are lighter but high intensity. Our goal was to vary them as much as possible. You’ll have done workouts with rest integrated and others that will be longer.
CORE starts this Tuesday with a full crowd! Gonna be awesome to see you guys crushing it.
Axe throwing is scheduled on February 22nd at 5 pm. Thanks to Janet for setting that up. Let her know if you are in so we can save you a spot, and make sure to pay her upfront as well. Should be a fun night out as a group!
Our men’s softball team is ready to defend it’s title! We are registered to play again on Monday and Wednesday nights starting in March. If you didn’t register and interested in playing, let Nick or Tom P know.
February’s challenge is plank hold – how long can you go one time, and then again and again all month?
And lastly, it’s 3 months out, but I know spaces will go fast once we release final details. World-class coach Michele Letendre is coming back to CFS for 2 days of clinics for our members. Michele is the mastermind behind our programming, and coach to some of the fittest in the world, including Patrick Vellner and Laura Horvath, along with being a former Games athlete herself. She’s coming from Montreal just for us. If you experienced her clinics last year, you know how fun and informative they are, you won’t be disappointed. The price for each full day will be $199, which also includes a catered lunch. Day 1 will be for the novice to intermediate athlete, focusing on pulling and pushing movements, some unilateral work, and finish with weightlifting techniques. Day 2 will be for our intermediate to more experienced competitor athlete looking to work on ring muscle-ups, handstand walk work, and technical aspects of weightlifting. These will take place on April 18th and 19th.
Follow us on Instagram @crossfit_surmount And please request to join the CFS Members group on Facebook if you are not in the group yet. Follow us there for great pictures, updates, and more!
• Pressing work w/ a pause; metcon of squat cleans and toes to bar
• Hang clean complex; 22 minute AMRAP of wall balls, burpees, DB snatches
• Lat activation work; then 5, 3 minute EMOMs with jump rope, cardio, and hang power snatches
• Sots press – this will be tough but so good; short AMRAPs with DB thrusters and lunges
• Hang muscle snatches; then a partner workout for Valentine’s Day!
• Partner twist on a filthy benchmark
• Clusters, burpees, and sprints